December 7, 2017 (8:25 a.m.)
As I recall, I was first walking in the center part of town toward the general direction of my old house...when I then suddenly found myself in my bedroom of my old house playing a video game. The TV looked like one of our old, big 1980's Magnavox sets that we used to have (those heavy ones within a wooden frame). The video game appeared to be Rogue Galaxy, and I was moving around the main character of that game.
And mysteriously...I was controlling him as if he were me that was just walking around in town, moments prior.
So after some brief movement, I noticed an elevated platform by my character with a giant footprint in the dirt (reminiscent of a scene from another video game called Earthbound). I then attempted to jump up to this platform with my character, by moving off-screen a little in order to better position him for the jump.
When my character reappears, however, he is inside and piloting this giant, iron looking robot (reminiscent of a video game called Front Mission). This giant robot had the ability to jump and rocket-hover in the air.
I then jumped and hovered so that I could land on the top of this platform by the giant's footprint.
Once I landed, my main character then came out of the giant robot.
However...he then mysteriously glitched by reappearing in a standing position horizontally on the platform's wall. And after briefly moving him around, he then disappeared due to clipping inside the graphic of the platform, itself (a common game bug found in modern 3D games).
After this occurred, the right analog stick on my gaming controller (which resembled an Xbox controller) suddenly loosened and broke off – with the controller, itself, then breaking off into two halves onto the floor!
Very puzzled, I then come into a state of lucidity and, while attempting to place the two halves of the game controller back together in amazement, I asked the Holy Spirit out loud something along the lines of “Lord, what does this mean?” As I then placed my hands into a prayer position, I notice this kind of fuzzy, gray mold manifesting all over the cord of the game controller connecting up to the TV set – before waking up.
- Me finding myself in my old bedroom within my old house, I believe, represents an intimate part of my life. Truthfully, I can testify that video games have been a recurring part of my life since around the age of 2 or 3. In addition, finding myself in my old house, in this context, represents an evil spirit of setback exerting control. Our old 1980's TV set, in addition, represents just how long this spirit has been active in my life.
- The main character that I was controlling, which appeared to be from the RPG video game Rogue Galaxy, I believe, represents myself...yet, any further, specific interpretation for this context currently escapes me.
- The giant's footprint in the dirt (reminiscent from the RPG video game Earthbound), along with the main character entering inside and piloting the giant, iron mech robot (reminiscent of the RPG turn-based strategy series Front Mission) I believe has a definite correlation; being that they have a common association with giants.
- Furthermore, the giant's footprint being located on the top of a flat platform reminds me of a "high place", or elevated place of worship. In this context, I believe, it symbolizes how video gaming was a great, or "giant" form of idolatry, or something which I placed as priority in my life before God.
- The main character glitching out, I believe, represents God, at that point, sovereignly interfering between my spirit and the control that the spirit of setback (manifested in the form of video games) was exerting over me.
- The right analog stick coming apart, immediately followed by the game controller, itself, breaking in half and falling down on the floor, I believe, represents the "power" of video game addiction being broken.
- The gray, fuzzy mold manifesting upon the controller cord represents the fact that there is no more "life" being supplied from the root of this spiritual addiction. Thus, like a dead decaying branch, this form of bondage is now dead.
Thank you, Lord Jesus!