About a year prior to this, I purchased a book called 23 Minutes in Hell by a man named Bill Weise (pronounces like "wheeze"). It's a vivid account of a spirit vision that God permitted Weise to have in Hell, where he briefly experienced a taste of the horrific torments reserved for those who die in their sins -- without the saving grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.
(I recommend reading it for the conviction it can place on someone).
It had certainly made an eye-opening impression on me...which led into a brief season where I obsessed over learning more about Hell. I began searching the Internet for any other testimonies I could find, striving to piece together a better overall "picture" of what this place really was.
In retrospect, I had gotten carried away with this kind of research. And, while I don't believe it is wrong to desire to collect multiple testimonies on this topic (as there are many out there -- and is also part of what inspired me to create this website), my obsession had crossed the line into the territory of me, one evening, actually getting down upon my hands and knees in prayer and asking the Lord to reveal Hell to me!
And while God, in His manifold mercy, did not immediately answer me (although, for a brief moment after I had prayed this -- my heart began beating quite rapidly, as if I was approaching toward something terrifying!), I believe that this desire opened a "door" to the enemy; in creating an opportunity for "messengers of light" to harass me.
(looking back, I am now better able to see how God permitted this as a learning experience)
In one such case, I had this vivid dream where I was being led, by an "angelic" spirit guide (just outside of my direct vision), down into a descending series of stone-walled dungeons. Once down at the lowest level, I then found myself within this small chamber, with stone walls and a conspicuous slime-green puddle which spanned along one of the walls towards the corner.
My "guide" then offered me the chance to see Hell for myself -- on the condition that I completely submerged my body in acid (the green substance).
...by the grace of God I turned that offer down!
Even in my hazy dream state, I was chilled and repulsed by the thought.
I can't remember much of what happened afterwards; only some fleeting chaotic images involving me being in the midst of aggressive bees in an outdoor wilderness type of setting, which led to me abruptly waking up.
- - - - - - -
- The spirit "guide" offering me the chance to see Hell, on the condition that I submerged my body in acid, I believe, was an evil spirit seeking consent from me...in the off-chance that I would have said yes (Amos 3:3).
Quick Quotes: Hell Fire: Hot & Literal
- - - - - - -
• "And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh" - Isaiah 66:24
• "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire" - Matthew 3:11-12
• "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire." - Matthew 5:21-22
• "And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." - Matthew 5:29-30
• "As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 13:40-42
• "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away. So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 13:47-50
• "Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire." - Matthew 18:8-9
• "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" - Matthew 25:41
• "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." - Mark 9:43-44
• "And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." - Mark 9:45-46
• "And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." - Mark 9:47-48
• "John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable." - Luke 3:16-17
• "And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame." - Luke 16:22-24
• "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." - Jude: v.6-7
• "And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. " - Revelation 14:9-11
• "And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone." - Revelation 19:19-20
• "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." - Revelation 20:10
• "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" - Revelation 21:8
- Hell: Comprehensive Scripture Compilation